Thanks I am getting closer.

The debug does not work for 2.4.32-uc0 I did stick a printk in
"do_initcalls()" to show the called addresses of the modules which works.
Is there a best place in the file structure (on the host) 2.4.32-uc0 to
put the "static int __init my_init_stuff()"
so link picks up the "module_init" macro.
Cheers John