On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Michael Schnell wrote:

> Robert.
>
> Did you take a look at the "NIOS Community Forum" ->  Nios Discussion Board
> <http://forum.niosforum.com/forum/index.php?act=idx> > Operating Systems
> <http://forum.niosforum.com/forum/index.php?showforum=26> > µClinux Forum
> <http://forum.niosforum.com/forum/index.php?showforum=18> ?
>
> Here "Hippo" seems to be quite advanced with the port.

i've actually spent some time perusing the forums over there but,
personally, i find them too verbose and cumbersome in a lot of ways.
it's probably just me, but i've never been a fan of those kinds of
forums.  i guess i'm just a mailing list kind of guy.  :-)

it *was* a tough decision to choose where to start this discussion
asking for help with what i was trying to do.  did i want to join nios
forum and start a uclinux-oriented thread, or join a uclinux mailing
list and concentrate heavily on nios?  decisions, decisions.

mostly, i'm just after the online place where i can get the most help
as quickly as possible.  as far as i can tell, i haven't seen anyone
trying to do what i am -- bring the nios2 patches right up to date.
if there's a better place for this, i'm definitely open to
suggestions.  but one qualifier.

i've made some decent progress so far, and i'd like to finish this off
and finally be able to build a kernel.  but i'm not looking at this as
a long-term project to keep me occupied for the next several weeks.  i
don't want to finish this by xmas; i want to finish this by sunday.
:-)  (well, maybe i'm exaggerating, but you see what i mean.)

i just want to hammer through these build errors and get this
***done***.  the sooner, the better, which is why i'm posting so
frequently.  no sense dragging this out, but if folks think i'm
abusing the mandate of the mailing list, i'll respect that and take
the discussion elsewhere.

rday