Hi,
I'm trying to debug a simple helloworld program with gdbserver on m5282evb
running the latest patch of uClinux-dist (20080131).
I compile gdbserver and separately compile gdb for
target=m68k-uclinux-uclibc.
In the target, I run:

gdbserver :10000 hello

which starts OK.

But in the host, I have the following GDB problem:

>../gdb/host/gdb/gdb ./hello.gdb
GNU gdb 6.3
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=m68k-uclinux-uclibc"...
(gdb) target remote 192.168.1.123:10000
Remote debugging using 192.168.1.123:10000
0x006a8044 in ?? ()
(gdb) list
Cannot access memory at address 0x40
(gdb)
After some observations, I've noticed that GDB is assuming the program
starts at address 0x00000000. But since m5282 has no MMU, code relocation is
performed on the target and it seems GDB does not notice about it. It
believes program starts at the virtual address 0x0, when it
actually starts (in this case) at 0x006a8044.
I've tried to run 'section' command of GDB to change section addresses but
the problem persists. Does anybody know whether GDB works with
noMMU targets thru serial/network interface? (No BDM interface).

Thank you

Claude