On Tuesday 11 March 2008 19:19:21 Sean McGranaghan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am evaluating the M5208EVB for a customer. My test application uses an
> interval timer for some coarse grained timing. I initialize the timer as
> follows:
>
>     memset(&itimer, 0, sizeof(itimer));
>     itimer.it_interval.tv_usec = CLOCK_TICK;
>     itimer.it_value.tv_usec    = CLOCK_TICK;
>
>     if (setitimer(ITIMER_REAL, &itimer, NULL) < 0)
>     {
>         debug(DBG_INIT, "Failed to start timer, errno=%d", errno);
>         return -1;
>     }
>
> It appears that no matter how I initialize the timer my resolution is
> set to 100ms. I have tried several values. Is there a kernel
> configuration that I am missing to enable different timer resolutions?
> Any help is appreciated.

Look at you kernel configuration option under "Processor type and features ->
Timer frequency"

--
This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.

and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their
support.