Hi Bob,

rwarner wrote:
I'm thinking i have my configuration incorrect for an Atmel AT91 ARM7TDMI board. Either the AT91FR40162S or the AT91SAM7SE512.

from the .config file i see the following.
#
# Processor Type
#
CONFIG_CPU_32=y
CONFIG_CPU_ARM7TDMI=y
# CONFIG_CPU_ARM9TDMI is not set
CONFIG_CPU_32v4T=y
CONFIG_CPU_ABRT_LV4T=y
CONFIG_CPU_CACHE_V4=y

That looks about right.

I did not intend on running in thumb mode. how or where does this get configured?

There is no configuration for building and running the kernel in
thumb mode currently. (There is a switch for enabling thumb mode
applications. And some guys at ARM Ltd have patches for running
a thumb mode kernel on newer ARM cores).

Regards
Greg