But I can't do "LIST" to see the directory content. Can this be configured somehow ?

For what it's worth - I have the same problem. Haven't bothered to investigate though as it's not a problem (yet).

> when hitting the same problem, it turned out that ftpd uses ls with some more extravagant parameters. > fixed it by building the ls applet into busybox and enabling more commandline options. > Otherwise you should consider adapting the user/ftpd/ftpcmd.y, namely the lines reading something like:
> retrieve("/bin/ls -lgA", "");

I found that I did not have an external command "ls" at all.

I reconfigured the distribution so that "ls" now is in the busybox (thus there is a link "/bin/ls") and not in the shell.

It still does not work :(

But now "ls --help" shows that it does not support the "-g" parameter.

It looks that -g prevents the user to be listed. My ls simply ignores the "-g" if set, which of course changes the layout and thus might prevent the ftp client from working.

Any more ideas ?

Thanks,

-Michael