Hi Erwin,

Erwin Authried wrote:
serial_atmel.c is an ancient,crappy serial driver for AT91 cpus. Later,
a driver has been written for the AT91RM9200 that uses the rather new
serial core driver (atmel_serial.c). The serial hardware for the
mmu-less AT91 cpus and the AT91RM9200 is a bit different, thus the
atmel_serial driver can't be used for the mmu-less AT91 cpus. I have
adapted the new driver for AT91x40 cpus, with some improvements so that
no overrun errors can happen with high transfer speeds.

Can you get these changes mainlined?

I have managed to get core at91x40 cpu support mainlined
(within the arch/arm/mach-at91). Although there is still
a couple of missing non-mmu peices in the arm code - I
expect these will get mainlined sometime in the not too
distant future. I would be good to have the atmel_serial.c
driver support in there too.

Regards
Greg