May I ask what kind of storage and bandwidth we are talking about?

Would it help to have a couple of mirror sites? If so, any thoughts as to the capabilities required of these sites?

When you mention the desire for additional bandwidth, can I ask what exactly are you referring to?

Dreaming in Technicolor, what would you like to see?

Thanks,

Bob Furber

Michael Durrant wrote:
Claude wrote:
Hi to uClinux web masters.

Howdy Claude,

For some months ago I have noticed that there are periods of time in which accessing to uClinux web site is slow and often impossible. Is there any problem with the uClinux site server? Well, maybe the reason is that, since uClinux is a fantastic creation, there are more and more developers that are discovering it and, thus, overloading the website to download the code. In that case, if there is any developer that has taken profit of uClinux and owns a web hosting business, please donate some servers to uClinux.org!!! :-)

Donation to increase bandwidth for the project are always welcome.
We have paid for additional bandwidth with iPower in the
past to off load some uClinux-dist traffic but iPower shut down
all large file transfers as our bandwidth use was being reported
as impacting other users of there webservers.   That was a sad
day!  Turns out several users in China and in Europe had been
using aggressive transfer methods and resulted in a denial of
service for iPower perhaps?  I am not sure as iPower was not
helpful in resolving the issue.  Their solution was to just disable
our account.   Again .. very sad.

To those who are already donating time, servers and band width:
our thanks goes to Analog Devices,  Arcturus Networks Inc.
and Secure Computing (SnapGear).

So if anyone knows of others who are willing to provide addition
bandwidth for the large file transfers please drop me an email
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  or give me a call at (416) 621 0125

Cheers,

Michael
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers.