See below

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 01:51:55PM +0100, Michael Schnell wrote:
> I see that there is an option
>
> "Kernel debugging"

This is for remote kernel debugging (usually over serial port), which is
different from all the followings which target application debugging.

> in in the kernel configuration and that in the application configuration
> ""Miscellaneous Applications" there are options
>
> "gdbreplay"

Useless debugging tool for gdb remote debugging itself.

> "gdbserver"

Thin gdb proxy running on target that works together with a beefy
real cross-gdb on the host to do remote application debugging.

> "gdb (target)"

Beefy gdb that runs on the target (if the target is big and powerful)

> "gdb (host)"

The one that runs on the host. It is not clear to me whether
this opion in uclinux distro will build a cross-gdb for the target
or just a plain x86 gdb (in which case would be useless).

Cheers.

Jun