Michael Schnell wrote:

> >No doubt VM tunables can be adjusted in 2.6 to
> >release that page cache faster, but the defaults aren't fast enough.
> >
> That is why I suppose using 2.6 is the way to go here.

2.6 has a large number of very good reasons to use it, but it does
seem to have regressed w.r.t. fragmentation avoidance on no-MMU, which
might be a showstopper.  It's not clear that tweaking VM tunables is
enough - new code may be needed.  The 2.4 code works, but to be fair
it's got many problems too - and I'm in the interesting position of
having to find/write a fix for a client, either using 2.4 or 2.6,
whichever works.

-- Jamie