Hi Greg,

many thanks for the support, i did it yesterday, adding M5307 instade, as below:

depends on M5307 || ARM || BLACKFIN || MIPS || NIOS || NIOS2

since for now my board is for 5307 only. Then, inside the

uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x/arch/m68knommu/platform/5307

folder i added a "boards" folder, and inside, my own amcore.c with resource structures with addressess, as IOBASE, IRQ etc.

Hope this is the clean and right way to modify the distro.

thanks,
Angelo

Greg Ungerer ha scritto:

Hi Angelo,

angelo wrote:
I don't know why, but i still cannot see the dm9000 driver in the 10/100mbit section. Probably a link is missing, no one know how the dm9000e should be controlled/connected with the MCF5307 (pin IO adresses) in my own board, and so, since a specific board resource table is missing, the kernel config option is not enabled. I am ending up writing my own board extension interface, i will be happy to share the diagram/code/folder when it will be finish.

Try this:

  vi linux-2.6.x/drivers/net/Kconfig
  search for DM9000
  add COLDFIRE to the "depends on" list or architectures

Regards
Greg

Danny Li ha scritto:
angelo wrote:

Anyway, i started from taking another vendor configuration folder as
starting template.
Actually, make menuconfig don't even show the dm9000 option and i am
stucked here.
Every help or documentation/link to proceed from here is really
appreciated,

It has mcf5307 and dm9000 option. FYI:
http://kernel.xc.net/html/linux-2.6.25/m68knommu/

Danny