TLS "Thread Local Storage" is the ability to say

    int __thread i;
I see ! Does using TLS create fast code or will there be a library call done for any access to "i" ?

When I was thinking about the multithreaded application I am planning, I found that I need a thread to know some unique ID. (I'll have multiple threads that use the same code, so sometime they need to know which one they are.).

I see that this can be done with TLS.

Do you suggest that TLS is not available in a uCLinux system ?

Is there any other way to have a unique thread ID that the thread can _easily_and_fast_ access ?

Thanks,
-Michael