Hi Lennart,

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 04:45:28PM +1000, Greg Ungerer wrote:
Given that the initial compile of put.o seems correct it is hard
to see how this is an assembler of compiler issues.
You are disassembly the final .gdb file, and that would pretty much
rule out elf2flt - since its input is the ELF object.

I don't think it does.  The .gdb file is created by elf2flt along with
the flt file,

No, its not.
The .gdb file is created by the "ld" replacement script. elf2flt
only does the conversion from ELF to FLT, nothing more.
Have a look at the ld script, typically /usr/local/m68k-uclinux/bin/ld,
to see how it creates the .gdb fi;e, and calls to elf2flt.

and after all the .gdb file has to be an elf file that
gdb can read that matches any layout changes done to the flt file for
the target system.

No, not exactly. The .gdb file is simply a fully located version
of the relocatable original.

 The .gdb is not generated by the normal linker as
far as I can tell,

It is. See the ld script for how it does it.

and even if it is, elf2flt has already done some work
on the file before it gets to the linker.

No, it hasn't.
elf2flt can only take an ELF file and convert - it doesn't modify
the original object(s).

Regards
Greg

Are you sure that the uClibc objects you compiled are the ones
that are actually being linked into your final .gdb file?

Yes.  I even disassembled the puts function from the m5200/libc.a file,
and it looks fine.

Run your app build with verbose gcc output. Check that it is actually
using the library objects that you think it is.

I will check again, but I am quite sure it has no other choice for what
to use.