On 2009-03-19, David McCullough <david_mccullo...@securecomputing.com> wrote:

> Jivin gowri sankar loganathan lays it down ...
>>
>> I trying to build uClinux for NEC V850
>>
>> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 gowri sankar loganathan wrote :
>>>Hello uClinux developers,
>>>
>>> I am just starting with uClinux, is it possible to build the
>>> uClinux with cygwin.
>>>
>>>It will be helpful if get the info how to build the uClinux in
>>>cygwin.

IMO, one oughtn't attempt something like that on Cygwin unless
one is experienced in both Cygwin and in accomplishing the task
under Linux.

> Search through the archives for cygwin:
>
>       http://marc.info/?l=uclinux-dev
>
> to see what works and what doesn't,  find patches etc.
>
> I think the general consensus is that it's a poor substitute
> for building on a linux system and that you may be better off
> to run a linux dev system in a VM ;-)

Cygwin is indeed a metaphorical dancing bear.

I use it almost every day, and I really think it has helped
keep me from tossing windows machines out windows (especially
once I figured out how to get sshd working), but it has its
limits.

--
Grant