Hi Kris,

On 07/04/2009 02:13 AM, Microbit_P43000 wrote:
Thanks for reviewing.
I will absorb the submit patches issue in the near future.

Typical - with some further effort, I solved the mysterious fsck.jffs2 puzzle,
it was more
a matter of looking deeper again into the scripts. Once the script has decided
that e2fsck
indeed is executed, I noticed it uses file system info from fstab...
I did not know however that fsck can't process jffs2 files (in hindsight it
makes perfect
sense of course since the mtd layers are needed on top of Flash for JFFS2).
To cut a long story short, the root is there as type jffs2 which results in a
concatenation of fsck with jffs2, hence the error, as this executable doesn't
exist.

Well, at least I'm glad I _did_ solve it myself after all - always has been and
will be
the best way to learn !
I just need to figure out now how to inhibit that futile fsck call, the start
up error is
irritating me.. :-)

Finally, I wonder if you could clarify for me Greg : I added a kernel command
parameter in
(menu)config 'fastboot', but the error still persists ?
From studying the script, I thought fastboot ensured that fsck is not run - at
least not
on rootcheck ?

Which "script" are your referring to?
This sounds like it is completely vendor dependant - in other
words whatever Olimex put on there.

Regards
Greg