Jamie Lokier wrote:
> Clever.  That's going in my algorithms file.

Thanks for the KUDOs :)

> If you have lots of processes running, it'll suffer from scheduling
> contention on those occasions when an interrupt happens during the
> critical section and causes reschedule().  The process will sleep, and
> no other process will be able to do any futex operation until that
> process runs again.  But maybe that won't be too bad.

That is why I intend to do multiple Hardware based Futexes and map them
to the real Futexes (easiest way: use bits 2, 3, ... of the address if
the memory based Futex as an "address" of the hardware Futex. I suppose
this will relax the stress on a certain hardware Futex.

> Yes, other variations on 'nasty' hacks in the ISR entry/exit path include: ...

Thanks !

I'll be considering these.

-Michael