Hi Christian,

Christian Gieseler wrote:
we are using a custom board based on the SenTec Cobra 5329 Board. So far it is
running with kernel 2.6.17 and we want to switch to uClinux-dist-20080808
release.
It compiles fine, but when i want to boot the Kernel by going to the base address after downloading the image with dbug, i get no output. Not one single character. Since i use the same boot parameters as bevore (console=ttyS0,115200) i had a look at the serial drivers an noticed that there have been some changes. So far i was not able to find out what i have to change to get the console output running. Does anybody have a hint what i have to change, to get the console working? Or has anybody had the same behaviour and it was caused by something else?
Thanks for any help

Newer 2.6 kernels use the mcf.c serial driver for ColdFire serial.
Older kernels used the old style mcfserial.c. The config options are
not the same. The most common problem I see is that the new serial
driver is not enabled. Check you kernel config, and see what serial
driver is enabled. Look for:

  CONFIG_SERIAL_MCF=y
  CONFIG_SERIAL_MCF_BAUDRATE=115200
  CONFIG_SERIAL_MCF_CONSOLE=y