<jun...@interark.co.jp> wrote:

> First sorry about my poor english. And I am a newbie to the world of linux.
> Does uClinux support some kind of architecture with MMU?
> I mean are there some boards with mmu, if we disable the mmu option (or
> undef CONFIG_MMU), the uClinux can run on it.

If you build your programs such that they can run on a CONFIG_MMU=n kernel -
using uClibc, for example - then there's no real reason they can't be run on a
CONFIG_MMU=y kernel provided the binfmt driver supports it.

For example, I routinely use a uClinux environment built for MMU-less FRV
kernels with MMU-present boards using the ELF-FDPIC binfmt.

I don't think the ELF binfmt will work without an MMU, and I'm not sure the
FLAT binfmt will work with one.

> Or are there some boards can run both uClinux and full linux?

Some Fujitsu FRV boards and some Blackfin boards, I think.  There may be
others.  You need an MMU you can disable to run both.

As Gavin Lambert said, it depends on what people have got round to
implementing support for.

David