On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 11:53:45AM +0100, Philip Nye wrote:
> I am trying to build a system for Coldfire with an up-to-date kernel, tools
> and library. I have the latest uClinux dist (patched to 20090810) and
> Codesourcery tools 4.3-209. This refused to build with an error of limits.h
> not found.
>
> Rather than a symlink hack, this led me to try a recent release of uClibc as
> the one in the uClinux dist is not so new (and I found this:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2008-08/msg00273.html), but I now get failures
> down the line because uClibc headers contain lots of libc_hidden_proto()
> declarations. As I understand it, these headers should be sanitized to
> remove this internal code for public use, but this is not happening, and I
> cannot see where it should be carried out. If I simply enter the uClibc
> directory and try to build from there, I get a different set of errors with
> missing header files.
>
> Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong? Does the uClibc tree need to be
> patched for uClinux? Is there some extra configuration or build stage I need
> to do? Is there more to installing Codesourcery toolchain than simply
> setting PATH so it can be found?

I am currently using a coldfire (5270/5271) with gcc 4.3.3, binutils
2.19.1, elf2flt (blackfin version from a late april checkout, other
versions didn't work with gcc 4.3 at the time), 2.6.30 kernel, and
uclibc 0.9.30.1 (with daemon() function #ifdef'd out to fix compile
error).

Anything you need?

--
Len Sorensen