Hello,

working on getting OpenSSH (5.2p1 + OpenSSL 0.9.8k with uClinux patch)
to run in a uClinux environment I ran into a problem.
The ssh client gets a SIGSEGV when it tries to access environment
variables. So I put a wrapper around getenv which checks the "extern
char **environ" pointer. It showed that it has the value 0x58585858
which is a rather improbable value. As a workaround I let the getenv
wrapper set up a default environment. This works until the ssh client
tries to exit gracefully. On exit it gets a SIGSEGV again.
To check if the environment is messed up in any case, I wrote a simple
program that only dumps the environment variables. This program works
fine. So the cause of the problem lies more in the ssh client.
Has anybody seen similar problems?

Regards
        Christoph Baumann

--

Dipl.-Phys. Christoph Baumann
Power PLUS Communications AG

phone: +49(621)40165-???
fax:   +49(621)40165-???
mailto://c.baum...@ppc-ag.de
http://www.ppc-ag.de

Handelsregister-Nr.: HRB 8853
Sitz und Registergericht: Mannheim
Vorstand: Ingo Schönberg (Vorsitzender), Eugen Mayer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates Univ.-Prof. Dr. Torsten Gerpott

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL TRANSMISSION IS
CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY ALSO CONTAIN PRIVILEGED INFORMATION OR WORK
PRODUCT. THE INFORMATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IF YOU ARE NOT THE
INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY USE,
DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL
TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY ERASE AND DELETE THE
ORIGINAL MESSAGE FROM YOUR DATABASE