Thanks Christian,
yes I have that option enabled - I'm puzzled.

The sub options are all [ ] except Module unloading [*]

Sorry if I screwed up the formatting of this message btw - am I supposed to be
bottom posting?

Dave.

Hi Dave,

your build output looks ok to me. The /lib/modules folder is created if the
symbol "MODULES" is set in the Linux kernel configuration.

if [ "$CONFIG_MODULES" = "y" ]; then \
[ -d /home/christian/uClinux-dist/romfs/lib/modules ] || mkdir -p
/home/christian/uClinux-dist/romfs/lib/modules; \ ...

Have you enabled the option "Enable loadable module support" in the Linux
Kernel Configuration that sets this symbol?

Regards,
Christian