Andrei Martynov escribió:
I'm using kernel 2.6.24 with uClinux and ARM NOMMU patches. When one
application starts reading from disk kernel uses all available memory
for caching and other applications fail to start (not enough memory).
It takes kernel up to 10 seconds to release memory after the first
application exits.

Is there any way to limit disk cache size?

Hello

I came to his thread because we had a similar issue: applications didn´t start or start badly because system fails out of memory. I have not found any reference to how to set that limit. It seems as if it works that way: no limit; the mm system decides when and how :-(

We are working with this workaround:
echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

This clears all the cache. We even write this value to that file within our application start routine to be sure our main application gets all the memory it needs. It seems to be working

Good luck