Dear list,

after trying myself for some time, but finally giving up after all
approaches were in vain, I seek help from you.

I want to use (uC)linux on an MCF5445x, and can not get anything to
work yet. One of the problems might be I am using a Debian machine
as a build machine, but I am not sure.

Here is what I tried so far:
- use ltib-mcfv4m-20090730 from freescale
  Does not build correctly probably because of problems running on Debian
  (Fails during the first steps of kernel compile, seemingly because
   the wrong compiler is called)
- after passing some of the initial stages in LTIB, I took out the
  kernel 2.6.25 with their patches and get a running kernel at least
  (almost independent of the toolchain I use)
  However, the kernel is set up to use the MMU and it seems this is
  not easily changed.
- get the kernel out of the above LTIB, put it into uClinux-dist-20100117
  and tweak it a little bit for using the mmu (basically I ripped the
  config.arch settings from a completely different platform already
  using the mmu)

The last thing seemed to be the most promising solution, but now I am
having a toolchain problem:
Using some m68k-uclinux-* toolchain from codesourcery (working for
MCF532x without MMU) does not work for MCF5445x with MMU, and using
m68k-linux-gnu-* toolchain from codesourcery does not understand the
ld options used by uClinux...

Is there anybody out there using uClinux for an MCF5445x? I do not need
MMU support, so if there exists a kernel without MMU support and thus
no additional hassle concerning the toolchain this would also be welcome.

(Of course, I can try porting the existing kernel to MCF5445x, but
considering my little knowledge about such basic porting this would not
be very fast and not very clean either...)

Regards,
Wolfgang