From: uclinux-dev-boun...@uclinux.org [mailto:uclinux-dev-boun...@uclinux.org]
On Behalf Of Gregory Hulands
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:32 PM
To: uclinux-dev@uclinux.org
Subject: [uClinux-dev] First timer

Hi,
I've got a MCF5282 LITE board that I am wanting to teach myself embedded
programming on. I've been following the steps here to setup the toolchain
(http://www.uclinux.org/get_started/uClinuxbeginner.html). All of the versions
of the versions of the tools I've tried to install have complained that it
isn't a valid bzip2 archive, except for the m68k-uclinux-tools-20061214.sh one.
I installed it and went to build the kernel after configuring it, but I get the
following error:

In file included from include/linux/compiler-gcc.h:86,
                 from include/linux/compiler.h:40,
                 from include/linux/stddef.h:4,
                 from include/linux/posix_types.h:4,
                 from include/linux/types.h:11,
                 from include/linux/page-flags.h:8,
                 from kernel/bounds.c:9:
include/linux/compiler-gcc4.h:7:3: error: #error Your version of gcc
miscompiles the __weak directive
make[2]: *** [kernel/bounds.s] Error 1
make[1]: *** [prepare0] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ghulands/uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x'
make: *** [linux] Error 1

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I have done wrong?

Thanks,
Greg