Jivin g...@novadsp.com lays it down ...
> Why does the latest release still use obsolete command line options for tail?
> And does anyone know how I can fix this on Ubuntu 9 without manually
> extracting everything? The POSIX env. variable trick appears to be ignored :(

You could try editing it and changing the tail command,  providing your
editor is smart and doesn't touch the rest of the file.

Other wise ,  use head and tail to pull the script off the front,  change it
and then put it back together.

Lastly,  try the attached tail script.  Put in ~/bin or somewhere else and
do:

        PATH="~/bin:$PATH"
        export PATH
        sh m68k-linux-....