Hi steve,

Recently we have purchased LPC2468 evaluation board from embedded
artists.Already that board is preloaded with uclinux on it .can you please
guide me how to configure the SPI,UART,I2C,ETHERNET,WLAN,SDCARD and further
application.

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Steve Longerbeam <ste...@netspectrum.com>wrote:

> This is a patch that adds Memory Protection Unit support for no-MMU ARM.
>
> The default MPU configuration on most ARM7-based cores only allows MPU
> control of the first 1MB of address space. However this can be easily
> changed, and on our core the MPU controls the first 1GB of address space,
> and the space above that is accessible only in privileged kernel mode. With
> this the MPU actually becomes a useful means of restricting userland access
> to kernel space in uClinux.
>
> This is the first in a set of three patches that provide a way to
> completely isolate userland from read/write access to kernel memory space.
>
> This first patch provides the base MPU framework.
>
> The platform-level code must implement a 'struct mpu' object that describes
> the MPU configuration of the core, and how to enable and disable MPU regions
> in the core. An example working implementation of 'struct mpu' is provided
> in arch/arm/mm/sc100.c.
>
> A process keeps track of its MPU regions with a 'struct mpu_region' object
> attached to its VMA's. During a context switch, the old processes
> mpu_regions are disabled, and the new processes mpu_regions are enabled,
> similar to how process page tables are switched. See switch_mm() for the
> no-MMU case.
>
> The next patch will implement a private user memory pool that processes
> allocate from, instead of allocating from kernel memory with kmalloc. It
> uses the general purpose allocator library (genalloc.c). In combination with
> the MPU support, userland by default has access only to this private pool of
> memory.
>
> The platform-level code will normally initialize two "background" MPU
> regions that are always active. The first gives kernel read/write access to
> all of memory space. The second gives user-level read/write access to the
> user memory pool.
>
> MPU regions that are attached to process VMA's are due to mmap() requests
> for XIP private file mappings. Note that non-XIP file mappings allocate
> memory for the mapping from the user memory pool, so with the user memory
> background MPU region there is no need to create a new mpu-region for the
> mapping.
>
> This patch is against the uclinux-888 release kernel.
>
> Steve

Thanks & Regards

Vijaya Ganesh S

(The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it)