On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Philippe De Muyter <p...@macqel.be> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:53:58AM +0200, Sima Baymani wrote:
> > Hi David (and everyone else)!
> >
> > Just to make sure I understand, I have some questions to clarify to
> myself
> > how it works and what my options are.
> >
> > - the RT73 is a Ralink wifi-unit. According to Ralink, it "should" work
> on
> > Linux 2.4 and 2.6. Does that (generally) mean that Linux 2.4 and 2.6 have
> > those vendor patches/fixes but uClinux does not?
>
> That could also mean that ralink provides drivers on a CD or on its website
> that you must compile for your kernel.

The driver I try to get working is actually the one from Ralink. =/
So the driver compiles and apparently gets registered but the device does
not pop up.
Has the driver usually anything to do with the device popping up or is it
only to make the device "work"? I am honestly a bit confused here between
what is the responsibility of the driver and of the kernel.

-Sima