On 06/07/2012 02:59 PM, Steven King wrote:
On Wednesday 06 June 2012 9:04:09 pm Greg Ungerer wrote:
Hi Steven,

On 06/06/12 02:48, Steven King wrote:
Add basic support for the m5253demo using the dm9000 ethernet controller.

Is the m5253demo a real board?
Or do you mean Freescale's M5253EVB board?

If it is really the m5235evb then we should use that name for its files.

And generally for a common denominator like the m5253evb I have just
used the basic m5253.c as the base board support. A good portion of
people use the same basic layout, you end up with a lot of boards
that have the same (or similar) peripheral components hooked up in
the same way. Those that are really different can have their own board
files.

No the m5253demo is a real board:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=M5253DEMO
distinct from the m5253evb:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=M5253EVB

like most of the freescale 'demo' boards, smaller, cheaper, and a different
peripheral set;  I dont think the evb has the wm8731 but does has a tft
display connector and a keypad, the m5253demo has more ram?... really they
are quite different.

All the ones like this I have used in the past they had called "Lite".
But of course they had to use a new and different name this time :-)

It still seems like this should be a common base at least, so starting
with a m5253.c.

Regards
Greg