Hi David,

On 07/07/12 01:55, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 16:55 +1000, g...@snapgear.com wrote:
But if we want to use the uclinux.c mapping driver on real MMU enabled
systems we should be using phys_to_virt() for the translation, since
that is really what we are doing. So change it to do that.

That seems wrong. On a highmem page, phys_to_virt() isn't valid. So at
the very least, any usage of phys_to_virt() needs a stonking great
comment explaining why it's always safe because it can never be used ona
a highmem page.

The only VM based arch this driver can be configured for currently
is m68k (actually it is even more specific, only CONFIG_COLDFIRE).
And that doesn't support HIGHMEM.

Can the kernels data region (and the area immediately after it) be in
high memory?

Regards
Greg