On 07/30/2013 12:22 PM, Paul Chavent wrote:

I'm not an expert. But i give you my ("standard" linux kernel) point of view (don't know if it works with uClinux).
GREAT ! As I have Debian or something similar in mind, this might not really be "uCLinux", anyway. :-) In fact, is "uClinux" still defined as noMMU ? I understand that regarding the great success of ARM Cortex A8+ chips noMMU is more and more obsolete an "uClinux" might get a synonym for "small embedded", with "small" now going up to "1GHz 1GByte".

See the isolcpu kernel parameter.
I'll take a look.

Something like interrupt balancing ?
Not really.
I am not sure how SMP hardware usually is done. I understand that when a hardware interrupt happens, exactly one of the cores gets the interrupt and starts the ISR. But which one ? Is the assignment "Interrupting hardware -> Core Number" fix ? Is it programmable at system start ? Is it done dynamically e.g. according to the performance done by the Kernels (i.e. a rather idle Kernel gets interrupted). Is there hardware support for this ?

When doing AMP with such SMP-enable hardware, some interrupts need to be fixed assigned to the "special purpose" core to trigger the appropriate low latency actions there.

I never tried to enable mmu with uclinux. But on a "standard" linux i use mlock to deal with mmu, caches etc.

I see.
(I just don't know where to ask embedded "non uCLinux" questions, so I thought here would be the best place for strictly embedded Linux questions, even with MMU involved.)

Thanks a lot !
-Michael