Dear Group:

Do you know the history of the SMSC LAN91C96 Ethernet controller
on uCLinux and the 5249 Coldfire processor series ?

I am looking for a chip to replace the SMSC91C111 used on
the M5249C3 board because the GAL chip needed to interface
it with the Coldfire processor is no available. I would like
to find an Ethernet controller that satisfies the following
criteria for use in the Coldfire/uCLinux Version 2.4.27
environment. (i.e. With the 2.4 kernel.)

* Ease of hardware integration with the Coldfire processor.

* Has a driver known to work under uCLinux Version 2.4.27--
  or which can easily be ported to that environment.

* Has a driver known to be compatible with the uCLinux TCP Stack--
  which, preferably, has been proven stable.

I haven't found any chips that satisfy this criteria in
the uCLinux archives or on the Internet.

Best Regards,

Paul R.

--
Paul Romero