Hi!

"Olivier M." wrote:

> Just downloaded udmsearch last week and installed it on one
> server : seems to work great, thanks for this nice prog!
>
> The "phrase lookup" feature or a "NEAR" funktion like on altavista
> would be practical, but they would probably make the database grow too
> much. Or are you already working on it (I saw it in the todolist). ?

We are  working on porting UdmSearch into different databases.
PostgreSQL is almost ported. At least indexer seems to work
fine. Now we have to implement search frontend.
User will select the database from configure script before compilation.

I think, phrase search will be next task. We have to look to
new MySQL-3.23. It does support temporarily tables and will
support sub-selects soon. Sub-selects (or at least fast temporarily
tables) are really will help to implement phrase search.

Regards!

--
Alexander Barkov
IZHCOM, Izhevsk