UdmSearch version: 3.0.7b
Platform:
OS:
Database:
Statistics:

in proto.c, around line 590

// you sprintf() into a string the size of which you do not check.
// see sprintf manpage for hints  :
//      \"[...]Because sprintf and vsprintf  assume  an  infinitely  long
//      string, callers must be careful not to overflow the actual
//      space; this is often impossible to assure[...]\"
// so, if you have a very large document containing urls (a newsgroup with, say, 30000
messages) you segfault _badly_
// because you only allocate MaxDocSize bytes for indexer->buf
//

I\'ve seen other bugs of the type while scanning over the source. IMHO, memory
management and bounds-checking must be improved considerably...
I\'d like do do it but just don\'t have the time to do so, because I have to get the
thing running here quickly... I hope to help, though.

greetings,
Heiko Stoermer