Hello!

----- Original Message -----
From: Doug Nazar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Alexander Barkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2000 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: UdmSearch: proxies

> > Indexer will execute the specified external program to retrive files.
> > It is easy enough to implement this. Is there anybody on the list who
> > interested in such new feature?
>
> Yes. I was thinking of adding something like this but as a filter by
> regex. There are certain parts of my web site which need different
> handling from regular files. It's not so much a different retriever
> program as being able to specify what parts are stored in the backend.
>
> For instance, I'm indexing the RFC archive as well as a mail archive.
> In the case of the RFC archive, I need to specify the title and the
> description, while with the mail archive I need to specify the
> description.
>
> Both of these can be accomplished by filtering/rewriting before the
> indexer parses them.

Yes! This seems to be better than my suggestion.
We'll try to implement this is 3.1.x thread,  which will be started soon.
We have a plan to change slightly the indexer.conf  to support by-regex
options
instead of current by-server style. New indexer.conf will have apache like
syntax.
Something like this:

<Location \.html$ >
parameters here