Hello!

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2000 5:13 AM
Subject: UdmSearch: Questions on built-in Text Databases

> >From the documentation I understand that the built-in text file support
can
> handle easily upto 500 documents. 'would appreciate if someone can throw
light
> on -

Theoretically, there is no limit in the program itself. So, limit depends on
machine
being used for search.

> 1. How do I create multiple text "databases". If I were using mysql, the
unique
> database names will point me to single directories.
> In case of built-in text, the dict.txt and url.txt will always be created
in a
> single directory (specified by --localstatedir).

There is no way to change this directory. You may compile several times with
different --prefix of --localstatdir.

> 2. What are the performance issues ? How has the response been to 500K
database
> (dict.txt + url.txt)
>
> 3. How can I use stopwords when generating text databases (ie, how do I
specify
> the existence of stopwords.txt file to the indexer) ?

Not implemented in built-in database. I recommend to install one of
supported
SQL databases.