You probably installed only the binaries for
MySQL, or deleted the sources after you
compiled it.

Download the RPM MySQL-devel for RedHat, or
reinstall mysql again from the tarball.

About configure, you have to write the dir
where mysql is installed after "--with-mysql"

> Etudiant à Telecom Grenoble ENSIMAG/ENSERG

Dire que j'ai failli y aller ! Mais non je rigole !

Alain