many thanks to Alexander for answers to my questions.

Alexander Barkov wrote:

> Hello!
>

> > I've hunted around the code (which is well written and clean by the
> > way), and cannot find where the last_modified is set.
> >
> > Question 1: Why is url:last_modified a 32-character entity? Why not an
> > integer that represents time since 1970?
>
> It is INT in 3.1.x branch.

thank you for the information - I will upgrade.

> > Question 3: I can't find any logic which compares the last_modified date
> > with anything else and forces a skip if the file is un-modified. I found
> > reference to last_modified in files.c, indexer.c, sql.c, and search.c.
> > Am I missing something?
>
> This value is sent to HTTP server in request header. Server DO NOT
> send document body if it isn't modified.
>
> This work well for HTTP but not implemented for file:/
> I hope it will be done soon.

Ah - this is very clever.

--
Privacy is your right. Please send me encrypted email.
My PGP public key is at

Thomas R. Yengst            Photon Research Associates, Inc.
(858) 455-9741              5720 Oberlin Drive
(858) 455-0658 fax          San Diego, CA 92121-1723