1) Check that you have configured search template to use crc-multi
with DBMode command. Note that it is "crc-multi", not "multi-crc".

2) Check queries being sent to backed using MySQL queries log.

3) You may compile search.cgi with SQL debug:

export CFLAGS=-DDEBUG_SQL
./configure <with_your_preferred_options>
make

Then put search.cgi to directory structure and check apache error_log.
All queries will be logged there.

--
Alexander Barkov
IZHCOM, Izhevsk