On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Alexander Barkov wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> > okay, can someone make the following changes to the source code, so that
> > the search avoids using the index ... this will at least give a temporary
> > fix until our LIKE optimizer is fixed:
> >
> > SELECT ndict.url_id,ndict.intag
> >   FROM ndict,url
> >  WHERE ndict.word_id=1971739852
> >    AND url.rec_id=ndict.url_id
> >    AND ( (url.url || ' ') LIKE 'http://www.postgresql.org/% ');
>

> I don't think that this is the best solution to fix search for buggy
> LIKE optimizer then to fix search back for fixed optimizer.

After sending this out, it looks like there might be a bug in udmsearch
itself, as I went through the code itself, in 3.1.7, and it is technically
coded to do this, but it isn't sql.c:1894:

        if(c->DBType==UDM_DB_PGSQL)
                sprintf(UDM_STREND(c->urlstr),"(url.url || '') LIKE '%s')",URL);
        else
                sprintf(UDM_STREND(c->urlstr),"url.url LIKE '%s')",URL);
        return(0);

Any idea why this isn't, in fact, working?

My queries are coming out as the second of the two conditions, even though
my 'connect string' looks like:

DBAddr          pgsql:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/udmsearch/

Is my 'connect string' wrong?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org