Author: Zenon Panoussis
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:

> I can\\\'t find a way to make the Restricted Search work! i can\\\'t find in
> the DB any data that says that a specific URL is relative to a
> restricted criteria (like Sports or Shopping, wich are given as an
> example in the search.php of the latest MnogoSearch!). How does it
> work? and how can i use it in my queries?

If you only have a few categories, the easiest way to do this is
to use tags. Put in indexer.conf the following:

==========
Tag A
Server site http://www.domain.fr/
Server site http://www.otherdomain.it/
Server path http://www.3rddomain.de/shop/

Tag B
Server site http://www.domain.com/
Server site http://www.otherdomain.com/
Server path http://www.3rddomain.com/shop/
==========

Then put the following in search.htm:
==========
<SELECT NAME=\"t\">
<OPTION VALUE=\"\"  SELECTED=\"$g\">All sites
<OPTION VALUE=\"A\" SELECTED=\"$g\">European sites
<OPTION VALUE=\"B\" SELECTED=\"$g\">US sites
<OPTION VALUE=\"C\" SELECTED=\"$g\">Reserved
</SELECT>
and you\'re ready.

If you have a more complex system of classification you might
want to use categories instead. They work basically the same
way and they are properly described in the documentation.

Reply: <http://search.mnogo.ru/board/message.php?id=970>