Author: andi
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:
I did several tests on different machines with a smaller set of tables (about 30.000
entries).

First of all, the search.cgi seems to be the fastest - of course. The PHP-solution is
slower.

I noticed some differences between Apache and AOLserver, too. Additionally you can try
to either use PgSQL or MySQL. People say, that MySQL is faster. I am a BIG MySQL-Fan
and using MySQL since years :)

But recently i decided (i got too much time to mess around with at a weekend) to give
PgSQL a try. To completely do a little revolution on the testing environment i changed
the webserver to AOLserver too.

The current environment is AOLserver 3.2 with PHP 4.0.4 and PgSQL 7.0.3.  That rocks!
The system is a regular supermarket PC PIII-700 with 512MB Ram installed using an aged
IDE-Drive with 15 GB.

There is not a single query what needs longer than 0.5 seconds. Since there are only
30.000 entries in the url table, that might be okay. Hopefully i can test a few
hundred thousand url entries in the url table soon. Currently my testing is a little
bit stalled because of indexer segfaults in 3.1.8 version :/

Reply: <http://search.mnogo.ru/board/message.php?id=1009>