>> No matter where I put mysql.h the config. script always says that it can't
>> find
>> it, so I can't compile for MySQL.
>>
>> Yes MySQL is up and running fine on this box.
>>
>> This is the error
>>
>> checking for MySQL support... no
>> configure: error: Invalid MySQL directory - unable to find mysql.h under
>> /usr/share/mysql
>>
>> Any suggestions appreciated.
>

> Under which paths MySQL includes and libraries are installed?

Alexander, thanks for the note. My bad, last night Craig Small form teh list
answered my question. My problem was that I had a very basic install of all
the rpms for MySQL but what I needed was the mysql.devel.rpm. Once I
installed that all went fine.  Maybe a quick note in the "install guide"
would help. A few minutes after that I was up and testing. I've been using
htdig for 3 years now and am very impressed w/ what you guys are doing.

Keep up the good work.

Charlie