Author: Catalin Braescu
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:
Hardware = K6-2/500 MHz, 96 MB RAM, IDE HDD at 5,400 RPM. Software = RedHat 7.0,
Postgres 7.02, MnoGoSearch 3.18.

The problem is that a single word query takes from 3 seconds to 35 seconds, depending
on how used is that specific word. The database have cca. 10,000 documents (I am not
very sure) indexed and the index size is about 1 GB.

My questions are: is this speed normal? Is this size of the index (versus so small
number of documents) normal? What should I do to improve search speed (most important
for me) and to keep the size of the index within borders of a regular HDD?

Reply: <http://search.mnogo.ru/board/message.php?id=1178>