kc ingh wrote:

> We are a small firm of developers of web site, based in LA.
> We have some sites using MySql and some using Sybase as the database

 There is no native Sybase support in mnogosearch.However it can work
with Sybase through ODBC driver. Use either unixODBC or iODBC.

> The number of records varry from a few thousand to over ten million for some
> sites.
> We run on Linux/apache.
> I would like to improve our site search features.

  You can index sites with up to about 500.000 pages in sql database.
Use so called cache-mode for big sites. We didn't test 10 million
recods,
but it work very fine with 4.8 millions. Check here:
  http://udm.aspseek.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi