Hi Madhan,

Installing packages using the "pkg install" command is absolutely fine.

The problem here is to be download and archive the *.pkg (or whichever
other format IPS uses) for later use (so that later I don't have to
download the package again for installing and can install it from my
local backup).

Hope you get what I mean..