On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Manish Chakravarty
<manishchaks at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Sriram Popuri <sgpopuri at gmail.com> wrote:
> > +1.
> >
> > Atleast I like the following to be captured and definitely there will be
> enough content to run it every month.
> >
> > * Summarize community discussions. (It would be great if someone
> summarizes even if a journal doesn't work out...very difficult to follow for
> a lazy person like me who tries to follow weekly or bi-weekly once :-P. By
> that time there will be tons of mails in osol and other communities :-( )
> > * interviews.
> > * whoz who. wht people are doing
> > * technology articles
> > * events in the current month
> > * user group of the month or something similar
> >
> > ~Sriram
>
> +2 :)
>
> Just look at the last BOSUG meet ( as an example ):
>
> Moinak : KDE 3.5.8 on OpenSolaris
> Anil : the cool SunSPOT robot
> Sanjeev: Introduction to DTrace.
>
> We could have had an issue out of _just_ the BOSUG meet.
>  So if you take into account all the *OSUG's, I am sure the magazine will
> have interesting, informative and quality content.

I meant to provide this link in my earlier mail:
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/advocacy/newsletter
This was forwarded to be couple of weeks back. Jim and Linda are the
people to get in touch. They seek people to contribute and comments
about format and content as well. Subscribing to program-team at
opensolaris.org should be a good start.
(BOSUG & Belenix news should start appearing here from next newsletter onwards!)

For continuing the thread on opensolaris journal, I would suggest
marking advocacy-discuss and removing belenix-discuss while
responding. UG mailing list may remain.

regards
Shiv