> >First working version of DTrace for FreeBSD has been released:
> >
> >http://bsd.slashdot.org/bsd/06/05/29/1144234.shtml
> Ack. And is there DTrace for Linux too ? The closest useful link I
> found was http://librenix.com/?inode=7983 that talks about running
> "native Linux applications in a 'Linux branded zone' under
> OpenSolaris".

There is no project that I know of for DTrace under Linux.  Linux
seems to be going the way of kprobes/dprobes (aka SystemTap).

> >ZFS is being ported to Linux as a FUSE Plugin. This avoids the
> >conflict with GPL:
> >

> The license mess will be the ruin of OSS :(

I agree.  It is very unfortunate.

On a related note, I would recommend anybody who might be interested
in contributing to the FUSE port of OpenSolaris to not look at the
Linux code of FUSE.  Tainting issues might disallow you from
contributing to OpenSolaris FUSE.  It should be okay to go through
the FreeBSD port of FUSE as it released under the BSD license.
http://fuse4bsd.creo.hu/

Ugly situation, but these are the times we live in!

Venky.