Hi All,

I compiled WineLib for both x86 and sparc platforms. I faced a few issues. I
am summarizing them here,

(a) A very first error you can face is
Undefined first referenced symbol in file

GetStartupInfoA ../../dlls/libwinecrt0.a(exe_main.o)
GetModuleHandleA ../../dlls/libwinecrt0.a(exe_main.o)
GetCommandLineA ../../dlls/libwinecrt0.a(exe_main.o)
WinMain ../../dlls/libwinecrt0.a(exe_main.o)

ld: warning: Symbol referencing errors

The above error and lots lots of other errors can be definitely removed by
applying the wine patches  (specifically 20051015) available at
http://blastwave.org/wine . For x86 this patchkit is sufficient. And for
sparc too, it'll resolve lots of issues. So, make sure you implement the
complete changes.

(b) Errors while building on sparc :-

"activeds.AtyNYe.s: Assembler messages:

activeds.AtyNYe.s:171: Error: operation combines symbols in different
segments
activeds.AtyNYe.s:172: Error: operation combines symbols in different
segments"

This will go away by applying patch for "wine/tools/winebuild/import.c"  as
available at,
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2005-December/043614.html

(c) Make sure that you have xorg mesa packages installed.

Let me know if you have any query. BTW, I'll be off from my mails till 12th
June.

Regards,
Vivek

--