On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:13 AM, sham pavman <shampavman.cg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Moinak Ghosh <moinakg at belenix.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Shampavman C.G <shampavman.cg at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I was trying to Install the crossbow bits on Belenix and disastrously I
>> > had
>> > a power cut (Early morning :( )
>> > I tried ,
>> > #spkg resume as instructed on Moinak's blog but with no results....
>> >
>> > Would like to know if I need any sort of download managers/accelerators
>> > get it working.
>> >

>> ? Are you getting any error messages or any messages at all ?
>
> Yes,
> #spkg resume

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> ? File "/usr/bin/spkg", line 32, in ?
> ??? ret = do_main()
> ? File
> "/var/tmp/pkgbuild-moinakg/SFEspkg-0.2-build/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spkg_mod.py",
> line 3871, in do_main
> ??? ret = resume(img, tlist)
> ? File
> "/var/tmp/pkgbuild-moinakg/SFEspkg-0.2-build/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spkg_mod.py",
> line 3368, in resume
> ??? ret = upgrade(img, ["base"], trans)
> ? File
> "/var/tmp/pkgbuild-moinakg/SFEspkg-0.2-build/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spkg_mod.py",
> line 2812, in upgrade
> ??? if len(incompats) > 0:
> UnboundLocalError: local variable 'incompats' referenced before assignment
>

>> ? What does spkg showtrans list ?
>
> It lists the transcation ID that was cancelled

   Congratulations, you have found a BUG! The incompatible package handling
   mechanism is not storing it into the transaction. Upgrading to Crossbow does
   not actually involve incompatible packages so what you can do now is to apply
   a little hack so that your upgrade goes through. Edit
   /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spkg_mod.py
   and add  'incompats = {}' just before that if statement (if
len(incompats) > 0:)
   and then resume the upgrade.

   Do not forget to remove that line later.

Regards,
Moinak.
--
http://www.belenix.org/