On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Arun kumar L <arunkumarl87 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi angad
>

>                           thanks for your idea ,  can you please suggest me
> something that can be done in networking or else can you please give me some
> more description on IPS as the link you have provided isnt working.....

Oh the link didnt work because of the tiny weird looking character at the
end, dont know how it got there :))
Correct link is:
http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=283439

Its a discussion i started for a feature missing in IPS: being able to
export IPS packages as pkg's.

On the networking side, you can contribute to Crossbow - a network
virtualization project in OpenSolaris:
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/crossbow/
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/crossbow_net_virt.jsp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSolaris_Network_Virtualization_and_Resource_Control

Here's a great example of a project idea suggested by a grad student on the
crossbow forums:
http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=13240&tstart=195

Sun keeps looking for interns. You can contact this guy for mentors /
project ideas, etc.:
http://blogs.sun.com/skonchady/entry/industry_focused_school_projects_at

More ideas (OpenSolaris/GSoC 2007):
http://code.google.com/soc/2007/opensolaris/about.html

It's pretty interesting and has got lots of opportunities to work.

Also have a look at :
http://wikis.sun.com/display/studentprojects/Project+List

"Sun has come with a community contributed meta-list of student project
opportunities with the goal to help students find term-length projects that
they might do within the scope of their coursework for credit, with the
approval of a professor, working with a Sun team as well as to help project
leads find students who might be interested in doing such a project. "
--
Angad Singh
http://angadsingh.in